Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday

Hi everyone, there is not much new to report. Yesterday was just beautiful here and we spent about 3 hours out walking. We found a flea market but mostly they had clothes and shoes. Russians are very into fashion. We strolled back along the shore and then took naps.
We also found a resturant called the Log Cabin that I had french fries and Russian grilled cheese. Which means one piece of bread with some ham cheese and dill on top. It was still fairly good. They put dill on everything. I wonder if I will need to plant some dill when we get home.

Thomas also misses Mountain Dew and Jalapanos. (sp)

Today it is rainy and we just went out to the grocery store. We bought a big puzzle so we can keep occupied with that. Tomorrow is a holiday here, so I am not sure what will be open or not.

Oh one thing I was going to mention is that on the airplane from the US, the Russian Dr's boarded and took all of our temperatures before we could deplane. That was interesting, but luckily no one was sick. They had ear scanners and was a bit weird.

Till then, counting the days.........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine! I'm glad to hear that things are going well, and that you're having an interesting time as you wait.
    Chinese restaurants (if they have them) will be open tomorrow... It's been my experience that regardless of holidays, no matter where you are, a Chinese restaurant is open and willing to feed you. I've run into this in London and Dachau (which isn't nearly as big as London). Let me know if it works out!

    ReplyDelete